Patient InfoSmile for a Lifetime
The Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is an international, non-profit, charitable organization. It was founded to provide complimentary orthodontic treatment to deserving children and individuals who may not otherwise have the means. We are pleased to announce that Marcy Orthodontics has started a chapter of Smile For a Lifetime to serve London, St.Thomas and surrounding areas. Our goal is to give the gift of smiles to individuals within our community with financial challenges and special orthodontic needs. We look forward to awarding smile scholarships and creating self-confidence, inspiring hope and transforming the lives of individuals in our community.
- Applicant questionnaire must be handwritten and answered by the applicant.
- Applicant must be a resident of London and St. Thomas (and surrounding area).
- Applicant must have a significant aesthetic need for braces.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must be between 11 to 18 years old (For further questions please contact your local Smile for a Lifetime Chapter).
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled student.
- Applicant should demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Applicant must agree to follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time.
- Applicant is encouraged to display involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Must be willing during the treatment period to “pay it forward” by completing 40 hours of community service.
- Two Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters, and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Letters of Recommendation may be written by nearly anyone- friends, teachers/coaches, counselors, dentists, etc.
- A clear 5×7 head shot with full smile & teeth showing must be included with application.
- The application, letters of reference and pictures will not be returned and will become property of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation.
- Applications will be reviewed on a bi-annual basis.
- Each applicant will be notified of approval or denial after the end of each selection process.
- Return the completed application, applicant questionnaire, dentist recommendation, letters of recommendation, and photo together in one packet to:
c/o Judi Zarola
218 Commissioners Road W.
London, ON N6J 1Y1
or email email@example.com